Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The food blogging continues

A couple of weeks ago I bought a George Forman grill. A friend who has one has been raving about it and, after tinkering with it myself, I decided I must have one.

Now, my crock pot thinks I'm cheating on it.

The Forman is quite useful. You can grill darn near anything on it. As time rocks along, I will post a dry rub recipe you can use for chicken or pork that translates quite nicely on the grill, Forman or otherwise. But today we're going to talk about one of my favorite single person foods: the grilled cheese sandwich.

Not only does the Forman make a mean grilled cheese, the thing is your own panini maker. You can make any combination of cool sandwiches with the device and have them be ready in 4 minutes or less. Last night, I made a grilled ham and cheese. Just buttered up two pieces of bread, slapped some ham and provolone on it and 3 minutes later had a nice hot sammie.

Yum.

Oh dear God. I just channeled Rachel Ray!

No comments: