Friday, February 23, 2007

Drifting

I'm restless today. I think all of the move stuff has finally caught up to me and I'm tired, strung out and in dire need of a mental break.

I actually caught myself missing the East Coast today. When the weather got warm, I'd take lunch breaks at Gravelly Point . I really have a jones for lying on a picnic table and watching the planes fly over head. I was telling a friend this morning there was Zen like quality to it.

You could feel the vibration from the plane's engine all the way through your body even though it was hundreds of feet above you. And the sound was kind of awe inspiring as well. On spring days, the sky was always impossibly blue and clear, with high wispy clouds. It was a fantastic place to go and just drift.

I feel like drifting today. I'd like nothing more than to hit the lake, get on a boat and just stare at the sky and the water today. Unplug my mind. Let the last year slide into the water and float away.

No comments: